Saturday, January 17, 2009

What if this were your house

I just came from a house that has been wet for about three weeks. It is a beautiful two story home situated in the mountains of Vermont. When I got inside by kicking open the front door it was 8 degrees inside. The furniture was frozen to the carpeting and all the toilets were cracked. The ceilings were down in two rooms and the furnace had broken. The homeowner lives out of state and had nobody caretaking his home. There are hardwood floors throughout the home which may are may not be salvagable.A plumber finally came to fix the furnace and got two out of three zones working and had to leave to deal with people who actually were living in thier homes and had no heat. The current temperature in Vermont is -14 degrees.If anyone out there has a second home in a cold climate or not it is a great idea to have someone check your home on a weekly basis. I see this all the time and it boggles my mind. Well that is enough of a rant for now. Actually, I thank the Lord for these people every night ,it is thier ignorance that allows me to have more than one home. Peace Catmandon

No comments: